Thursday, March 19, 2009

Sketch is complete

The Sisay Samurai deck came together pretty nicely, I must say.  I played a few games last night, both multiplayer and one-on-one, and it performed admirably.

It's not broken in the way Azami is, but it does get to do some fun stuff.  I especially liked combinations like Myojin of Cleansing Fire plus That Which Was Taken (putting a Divinity Counter on Sisay, of course); or Yomiji, Who Bars the Way plus Mindslaver.  I also happened to get out TWWT with Priviledged Position - that put a target on my head pretty quick.

As for the general herself, she's pretty strong.  I've been happy with making my first tutor target Gaea's Cradle, which has gone on to make some pretty broken plays.  In addition, I added Jitte, more as a way to deal with other ones.

Loyal Retainers has been one of the best cards in my deck, by the way.

The samurai theme is actually much better than I had originally anticipated, and between Sensei Golden-Tail and Mirror Entity, the bonuses just keep coming, even for guys who didn't know they could learn Bushido.

I'll throw the list up once I have a little more work put into it.  There are some slots I'm not convinced on, and there are a bunch of non-legendary cards I want to fit into the deck.  For a first pass, though, I'm excited!  Who knew you could make a fair deck that was fun to play?

No comments:

Post a Comment