Monday, March 30, 2009

Extended PTQing

There's an extended PTQ this weekend in Rochester, that I'll be attending with Alex Artese and Carl Dillahay.  While I think Alex is probably playing the best deck, and Carl is bringing a brew of his own that kicks the shit out of the best deck, I'll be playing Elves.

I've been in love with the deck since it hit the scene when LSV wrecked face, and I've been itching for a chance to play with it.  Since Syracuse, for some stupid reason, is completely devoid of interest in Extended altogether, this seems like it will be the only chance I get to make it happen.

I'm not convinced the Mirror Entity kill is ideal, since it's open to disruption at sorcery speed - you need guys without summoning sickness in play to attack, or else you need to wait a turn.  If they have blockers, its even more of a problem.  Still, the deck is much more resilient to hate than I expected it to be, so it should be fine.

We'll be testing this week more, and hopefully it all goes to plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment