Monday, March 23, 2009

EDH Banned List Update

So Tinker got the axe, and Crucible comes back.  I've gotta say, I'm unimpressed by this change.  While I'm bummed to lose Tinker - and realistically, that hurts my Azami deck pretty bad - I think Crucible-Strip is retarded, and green decks that run it, LftL, and Fastbond are going to go apeshit.  It kinda makes me wish I hadn't given up on the Turboland deck, but no one was having fun playing with or against that deck anyway.

Do we realistically need to autoinclude Crucible now, as protection from FastbondStriplock?  It's unclear as of yet, and I may pose that we ban it in the local area to prevent that rediculousness from occuring.

On the other hand, now that I've put the samurai deck together, I think its funny that Tinker gets banned.  The card is straight unfair.  Like, even the most inoccuous play (Tinker-Gilded Lotus) puts you so damned far ahead on mana for turn 4 (or earlier) that it becomes tough to lose.  In a deck that features bombs like Oona (my roommate's General), it's far past borderline unfair, into the unfun territory.

So it is what it is.  It's a bomb to end all bombs, and I'm not really that broken up to see it go.

By the way, in the interest of continuing the unfair accelleration, I plan to replace tinker with Mishra's Workshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment