Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Argus Kos, Wojek Veteran

Well I think that it is about time I made my presence known here on this silly little blog. To take a break from competitive Magic, everyone convinced me to build an EDH deck. I was a little skeptical of this obscure format, but after playing a few games with Nightmare and his roommate, I quickly was hooked and started formulating ideas for competitive decks. After some hours in the Gatherer database, the little Timmy in me really wanted to swing with dudes after being subjected to queer combo decks like Nightmare's and Bryant Cook's. I have worked very hard on this deck, and the synergy the deck has is borderline amazing. The deck has a Soldier theme, with some Giants playing backup. I am always looking for better ideas for this deck, but at the same time I feel that the list is getting very tight, and each card so far has proven its worth. I was even having trouble finding room for the new EDH gem, Path to Exile. Here is what I'm working with now:

General:

Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran


Non-creature spells:

Chrome Mox
Lotus Petal
Mana Crypt
Condemn
Swords to Plowshares*
Mana Vault
Sol Ring*
Path to Exile
Enlightened Tutor
Lightning Helix
Disenchant
Umezawa's Jitte
Boros Signet
Incinerate
Shared Triumph
Rise of the Hobgoblins*
Quietus Spike
Orim's Thunder
Sunforger*
Fervor*
Goblin Trenches
Darksteel Ingot
Oblivion Ring
Mobilization
Shared Animosity
Aura of Silence
Scourge of the Nobilis
Elspeth, Knight Errant*
Ajani Goldmane
Ajani Vengeant
Chandra Nalaar
Gilded Lotus
Spectral Procession
Razia's Purification
Austere Command
Decree of Justice


Dudes:

Figure of Destiny
Silver Knight
Boros Guildmage*
Ethersworn Cannonist
Boros Swiftblade
Knight of Meadowgrain
Knight of the White Orchid
Goblin Legionnaire
Battlegate Mimic
Skyknight Legionnaire
Stonecloaker
Duergar Hedge-Mage
Taurean Mauler
Field Marshal*
Mirror Entity*
Hearthfire Hobgoblin*
Flametongue Kavu
Brion Stoutarm
Spitemare*
Knight-Captain of Eos
Giant Harbinger
Nobilis of War*
Reveillark
Cloudgoat Ranger*
Furystoke Giant
Siege-Gang Commander
Balefire Liege
Jareth, Leonine Titan
Crovax, Ascendant Hero
Bull Cerodon
Eternal Dragon
Razia, Boros Archangel (Soon to be Akroma, Angel of Wrath when I get a foil one)


Lands:

9 Plains
6 Mountain
Ancient Tomb
Rustic Clachan*
Flooded Strand*
Bloodstained Mire*
Windswept Heath*
Flagstones of Trokair*
Rugged Prairie*
Forgotten Cave*
Windbrisk Heights*
Sacred Foundry*
Eiganjo Castle*
Plateau
Naya Panorama
Boros Garrison
Battlefield Forge
Ancient Amphitheater


*= Foils I need as of the time of this post. So if you got em, hook a brother up.


That is pretty much it. It might look a little rough around the edges on paper, but, trust, it's competitive. Been described as "one of the best and most fair EDH decks" in the Syracuse area. Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment